In this post you will learn about how a website appears on Google on the first page (one). With nearly 2 billion websites today, how do you find yourself at the top of Google searches? Seems almost impossible doesn’t it? But, the good news is that if you have the right strategy and the right things in mind, you can get there in no time.
You may have read many articles about what Google considers the ranking factors to determine page rank, but from all that long list of articles, how do you know what is fact and what is fiction?
Each blog talks about its own concept of what Google considers a ranking factor, and it’s up to you whether to believe what you read or not. However, one thing is for sure Google always adjusts ranking signals to meet the needs of searchers.
Google always wants to present only the best answers and solutions for every searcher, which can happen if you follow some of the tips below for your business website.
1. Publish High Quality Content
Your content must be relevant and informative. It should also be interesting and helpful to the seekers. Only when searchers find your content relevant and useful will they stay longer, and may even turn to your website to learn more.
This will increase site time and reduce bounce rate, thereby showing Google that your page is worth considering.
What is included in high quality content?
- Content should be well written and long.
- Content should contain appropriate keywords to find long-tail keywords, synonyms, and keywords related to the topic that can be found through competitive research and data mining, all of which may have average search volume, but one high click-through rate .
- Content should be more in tune with the intent of the searcher.
- Content must always be fresh, which means it must be properly audited and updated at least every three months.
2. Optimizing Page Speed
How long do you wait for a website to load when you are browsing something? No more than 3-5 seconds, right? So how do you expect your visitors to wait even longer for your website to load? The slower your site loads, the more visitors and revenue you will lose. In the end, you will also lose your rank.
- How to optimize your website speed?
- Keep content to a minimum.
- Use only the most important photos, videos and other graphics.
- Optimize every photo and video uploaded to your site to load faster.
3. Optimizing On-Page Elements
As important as page speed optimization is, so is on-page optimization. It deals with the “behind the scenes” components of your content and SEO, including meta tags, header tags, internal links, etc. Optimizing each of these elements can improve your rankings.
How to optimize the elements on the page?
- All your meta data like top tags, page descriptions and all other information should be relevant, interesting and informative.
- Schema markup can tell Google a lot more about your content, which is why you need to be very careful with the hundreds of different types of information you include.
- Understand RankBrain and find the intent behind each query you want to rank for, and you’ll be able to grab featured snippets.
4. Improve User Experience
User experience is very important. After all, what you do is only for your users. So you need to make your website really user friendly. If you don’t think about user experience, users will stop interacting with your website, and you can calculate the results clearly. On the other hand, getting the right user experience can do you a lot of good.
How to get the right user experience?
- The layout should be attractive to keep the user’s interest alive.
- Include separate pages for different sections so that users can only visit the pages they want information on without wasting time reading other irrelevant text.
- Improve your website architecture with Easy Navigation to help users find what they are looking for easily, without navigating too much to get to the page they expect.
- Security if activity is high. Not switching to a secure HTTPS version won’t harm your website, but it will certainly affect your rankings and output. This is because Google announced HTTPS as a ranking signal in 2014. Also, it started marking websites as “unsafe” in the URL bar when they weren’t HTTPS. This will alert visitors and encourage them to bounce the page immediately.
5. Make Your Website Mobile Friendly
Google announced mobile friendly indexing in 2017, but after a slow and lengthy process, it’s officially finalized in March 2021. If you have a separate mobile website for mobile users, Google will index and rank those URLs first, not the regular desktop version. . This is the main topic of how to get high ranking in Google SERP. Learn the guide on how to create a mobile friendly website.
However, it is seen that more websites choose one responsive website over two separate mobile and desktop websites. This is because responsive websites will be treated on par with mobile websites when performing mobile-first indexing, and will also prove to be an optimized option for a better user experience.
How to make your website mobile friendly?
- You can create separate desktop and mobile websites, the latter of which is designed to look appropriate and attractive on smaller screens, making it easier for mobile users to browse even through those tiny tabs.
- Another option is to be responsive, making the same website work optimally on both large desktop screens and small tablet and smartphone screens.
6. Working on Your Links
By links we mean internal and external links. Internal links can help users and search engines get more detailed information about something they are looking for, while getting external links can prove to users and search engines that your website is trustworthy and trustworthy.
How to improve your link strategy?
- Your links will help users on other linked pages find more detailed information about what they are looking for.
- You should create a roadmap around a specific content topic.
- You need to be able to manage link flow to identify where your traffic goes after visiting your site.
- Contact prominent names, or influencers, in your industry to promote your brand by linking to your pages on your content and blogs. However, make sure to do it naturally without buying or changing links.